Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cereal

I am pretty sure I gained about 10 pounds last week at Jeff's family reunion, so yesterday and today I have tried really hard to get back on my eating program. "TRIED". I was doing okay until I started writing my speech for Back to School Night a few minuets ago. I was starving...from eating salad all day, and a little stressed...so I went into the kitchen and ate 3/4's of a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I would have eaten an entire box, but 1/4 had already been eaten.

Why is it that I can never get full eating cereal? It is the ultimate comfort food. And there is always a little more milk, so you have to add a little more cereal, and then you need a little more milk to finish that off...

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is, I think, my favorite. I also really like Lucky Charms. If I throw a handful of fiber 1 in with it, I usually don't feel to guilty eating it, as long as I stop at 1 bowl, I tell myself...

It never happens.

What is your favorite cereal?

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Lucky Charms. But I am too cheap to buy them. I get the cheap knock off...Marshmallow Matey's by Malt o'Meal.

Laura said...

Oh man, I love cereal. It is the perfect quick dinner or snack. And as a bonus you don't have to bother heating anything up nor do you dirty a lot of dishes. I love Crispix and Chex- I think it is the texture, and if I'm in a sugary mood I love Cinnamon Toast Crunch too or Apple Jacks- and the little sugar crumbs at the bottom of the box is the best!

Keli said...

Oh, cereal is totally my downfall. The sugarier the better. Count Chocula, Cocoa Puffs, Cocoa Pebbles (or Krispies), whatever is chocolatey and covered in sugar.

As a little tip, I store my unopened boxes of cereal (and chips) upside down so all the extra sugar (and salt) get more evenly dispersed through the cereal. It's like a little slice of heaven in every bowl.

Leslie said...

I myself am not a big cereal fan, but I do like a bowl of cheerios sans the sugar every now and then. I usually get some faces when I tell people that.

Kimmby said...

Frosted mini wheats, the brown sugar/maple kind. Yum-o!

Shelli said...

I love so many cereals, and I know what you mean about the leftover milk, so you add a little cereal, and then you need a little more milk...its a vicious cycle. One day I was talking to my co-workers about my love of cereal and the leftover milk, and my co-worker who always is at the perfect weight said: Your just supposed to drink the milk, and be done!! Hmmm... what a great idea. I try to do this now, it works some of the time!!

Tom & Michelle said...

I have inherited the cereal curse from my mom. I LOVE IT!! Its a hard toss up but I really enjoy special K the chocolate kind and Captain Crunch the peanut butter kind. Tom has the same cereal curse. He has a bowl everynight before he goes to bed. He loves Fruity pebbles.

Miranda said...

Cereal is yummy especially when you have no idea what you want to eat...you just want to E-A-T. My fav is CINNAMON LIFE cereal...BUT you have to eat it fast enough so it doesn't get soggy...that's gross

Greg & Andrea said...

I would have to say that I have never really been a big cereal person until this pregnancy. In the last month or 2 I have started to love cereal. I have 1 to 2 bowls every morning. My favorites are Special K, Peanut Butter Captain Crunch, and any kind of granola cereal.