Saturday, January 3, 2009

Post Holiday Randomness

14 days. That's how many days Clint had home from school. I like it when Clint is home. It is possible that it is because I have only 2 kids, I like it when they are both home. I worry a lot about Clint when he is gone. And I like him just being around. I like it when his friends come over, and I can keep an eye on things. And I like the noise and the laughter of having kids in my home. I am glad that Derek's friends are starting to like coming over too. Although Derek is becoming so independant, it makes me sad sometimes. He is growing up so fast, and needs me less and less every day. I felt like I really found myself when I became a mom. I am happiest in this stage of my life, and I find myself wishing I could slow down the clock and stay in the moment of having young kids forever. They are growing up so fast. I love being a mom.

I didn't plan on writing all that stuff about being a mom...but that is how I am feeling right now. This Christmas, I was not very diligent about taking pictures of everything. And I always take pictures. I want to write down some of the highlights so I can remember them, even though I don't have the photos to go along with them. I had some stress, like everyone else around this time of year...followed by exhaustion....again, like everyone else. This is turning into a very lame post. I think I will just stop now and go to bed. I will finish up tomorrow. I just know that thousands of people can't wait to read about our amazing adventures this holiday season...or at least maybe 2 or 3...

2 comments:

Chelsea Stebar said...

I wanna hear about your Christmas vacation. And I have to count as at least 50 or so. Haha.

Miranda said...

I love your random thoughts!!!