Friday, July 18, 2008

Drawing Dough

Another really fun project that is great for both little and big kids.... It's equal parts water, salt, and flour (about 1 cup of each). Add some food coloring and put in plastic candy making bottles. (mix all of the ingredients in a bowl first. I tried to just shake everything up in the bottles, but the mixture is too thick and does not shake up very well.)
I got the clear plastic bottles at Robert's Craft Store in the cake decorationg section. They were about $1 a piece. Then I found some Ketchup and Mustard bottles at Target last week, and they were in a pakage of 2 for $1. I got lucky! We used sturdy cardstock because the drawing dough is too thick for paper. It was tons of fun! And there was nothing for Derek to get burned on! I did this project with Derek the first time when he was about 1 &1/2. He really loved squeezing the bottles out then too! Clint, Talon and Delaney all did pictures that were quite a bit more sophisticated, of course. It was a great way to spend a hot afternoon.


1 comment:

Greg & Andrea said...

That looks like a lot of fun, and really safe for the young kids. Although I could see Eva eating all of it, or getting it in her eyes, or in my eyes.....little kids are so dangerous!