Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fixed

Our dryer broke. Died. Completely Dead.

This was after my complete breakdown, with me sobbing on the basement floor wondering how in the world we were going to be able to find the money to buy a new dryer, with visions of me trying to find time between my 3 jobs to carry a broken legged Derek and laundry baskets into the laundromat and entertaining him for 2 hours while I waited for the laundry to finish, fold and drag back out to the car. The entire scene was way too much... But Jeff fixed it. Took the entire thing apart, found the problem, found the new part and put it all back together again. Fixed. And once again, he fixed me. Money may always be tight. But thanks to Jeff and his knowledge of how to fix anything from plumbing, to cars, to Computers, I think we will always be okay. I just am always impressed and so grateful for his mechanical abilities. I feel safe. And lucky. I feel, once again, fixed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always nice when someone, especially your husband, can fix things, especially when things are stressful and challenging. I am always immensely grateful when there is someone that can take care of the problems that pop up! Way to go, Jeff!

Kimmby said...

I'm so glad, Rachel! Jeff's sure been a big help to me too with his "fixing skills". :)

Greg & Andrea said...

Yeah for Jeff! It is so nice to have a hubby who knows how to fix things. And yes going to the laundromat is really that awful. I went for the first 2 years of me and Greg's married life. One time I remember carrying a basket of clean clothes back to my car when I fell and dropped the whole basket in a mud puddle. It was like a scene from a movie. All my nice clean clothes were wet and dirty. And yes I did cry... a lot. So I agree you are very lucky to have a great man like Jeff :)

Tom & Michelle said...

YEA for Jeff!!!!!! Its great to have a hubby who knows how to fix things and fix them good, you are lucky he is soooo good to you!! and my laundry story.. we were walking down the stairs and I fell and all our clothes and Gs were all over the grass, with all our crazy neighbors to see. I cut my knee and Tom laughed till he cried. :) oh the memories...

Miranda said...

If this EVER happens again...you come over to MY house and we'll hang out while you do laundry...or I'll just do it for you. But our G's are NOT mixin'...sorry...I draw the line there. (LOL)!!!