Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Hijacked!

I thought I saw a Reindeer on Christmas Eve...at the bottom of our street. I took Clint, Derek, my nephews Garrett and Preston, their little sister Clare and my sis-in-law Shannon to investigate after Christmas Eve dinner. Come to find out, I mistook my neighbors fake lit-up reindeer for the real thing. Silly me.

When we returned home from our little investigation, we walked into a dark house. We walked up the stairs to find the Christmas Tree knocked over, the kitchen in shambles, the Christmas presents gone, and Jeff and his brother Scott tied up together in the kitchen, and gaged with duct tape!!!!


The boys quickly untied them and listened to them tell us about a guy in a black mask that came in and tied them up, took the presents, and left us a message on a DVD. (Check it out below)


The first clue to finding our presents was to dress up as Superheros. Fortunately, we have a selection. Batman, Spiderman, Black Ninja, and Master Chief were ready to serve and protect in a matter of minuets.


We also found a wrapped package in the bottom of the costume box. Imagine that! There were four sheets of paper and 2 water color sets. Hmmmm. Our superheros discovered in no time that they needed to paint on the paper to reveal the next clue.
Something about "sun's" or "o's"...or maybe "un (minus the 's')"...or something about time of day....Day!!!!!! Day!!! Day's!!!!!! That's it!!! Day's house!!!! and cupboard...or fridge....Fridge at the Day's house...it must be in their fridge. They have one in the garage....

Next clue was in the fridge, in the garage...in a plate of red jello that the boys gladly ate to uncover the next clue...

and there was a picture of the Treehouse...In the Treehouse was a little bag full of Legos with letters written on them. When put together correctly spelled out "Clint's bed diaper???....no no no...."Clint's bed ladder. "

Under the ladder was a piece of paper with a blog address on it:

http://venomantichristmas.blogspot.com/

Clue Number 7 was revealed on the blog...check the fireplace, before Santa can see the nasty note Venom wrote to him. But we made sure to wish Venom a Merry Christmas on his blog first.

Up the Chimney we found a "go away Santa" note with a code and a clue on the back. Master Chief cracked the code in no time. The message? "In-The-Dryer..." Another clue???

Finally! Our presents! Hurray! Christmas is saved! Wow. What a night. I sure am glad a couple of Superheros showed up at our house on Christmas Eve!

12 comments:

Keli said...

You win as the coolest mom ever! I would never put that kind of effort into Christmas, or any holiday for that matter, for my kids. I wouldn't have even thought of it! Your boys are sure lucky to have you!

Laura said...

I love it!! That is so awesome!! What a fun night!!

Chelsea Stebar said...

Hannah and I just read this together and have concluded that that is pretty much the coolest thing ever. You're amazing.

Greg & Andrea said...

What a cute idea! I'm sure those boys had so much fun saving Christmas. What great super heros! And you and Jeff are great parents. You do so much fun stuff with your boys.

Ginni Bingham LeVar said...

I love it!!! You constantly amaze me with how wonderful and creative you are. Wish we could have been there to join in the fun.

Anonymous said...

You are so creative, Rachel! How fun for your family.

Miranda said...

So stinkin' cute. What a clever idea...and only YOU would POSSIBLY think of something like this. I'm so impressed.

Rachel B said...

You are all so nice to me. Right back at all ya'll!!!!!

Jenny said...

I just told Bryant that I hope to be a mother like you someday. You are amazing! Thank you for reminding me that things like this are what make the best memories. Happy New Year!

Amber said...

How do you come up with this stuff? I think I'm going to make an "Aunt Rachel file". I'll copy all the amazing things you do and when my boys are old enough, I'll pull it out and copy. :) Loved it and Jeff is of course awesome too! What a great Christmas!

Don, Windy, and Bode said...

That was awesome. I wish I could have seen the looks on their faces when the two dads were bound and gagged.

Tom & Michelle said...

Thats is such a cute idea!!! Of course that is something that you would think to do, So cute and I am sure that the boys loved dressing up and saving Christmas.