- There are 2 superpowers: 1, an agent of Chaos, the Joker, and the other, still Chaotic, but good, Batman
- Rachel has to choose between 2 men
- There are 2 boats
- There is 2 face
- 2 sides of the coin
- Batman has 2 identities
- This is even the 2nd of the 2 Batman Movies
There will always be good and evil, black and white, right and wrong. We all need to decide what side we are on. So here are 10 things that I love/hate about the Batman movie. (Spoiler Alert)
Love: Heath Ledger as the Joker. Thought he was brilliant and a lot more enjoyable the second time. Hate: That he was not in the movie more. Not enough Joker
- Love: The Bat mobile and the Bat Cycle. Hate: When I thought the commissioner was really dead for 15 min. the first time I saw it.
- Love: The few good guys; Alfred, The Commissioner, and Lucius Hate: So many corrupt police officers, and how Harvey Dent succumbed so quickly and easily to evil. I didn't believe it for a second. Although, the joker said that your true nature is revealed when you are close to death...maybe Harvey Dent just alwasy had everybody fooled...maybe he never really was all that we thought and hoped he was, and it took his accident to reveal it. RAchel was still good and strong when she realized that she was going to die. Batman had the same tragedy that he had to deal with, but it made him better....so much to think about.
- Love: That Christian Bale makes a great Batman Hate: Maggie G. as Rachel
- Love: That Batman is also Chaotic and unpredictable, just like the Joker. Hate: That Heath Ledger is dead.
- Love: That Alfred is so loyal, and he told Batman that to catch the bad guys, he had to burn the jungle down. Made sense that Batman had to do whatever was necessary to stop the Joker. Tap all of the phones in Gotham to stop him. Very conservative move. Sometimes it's necessary. Hate: That Rachel dies, and whenever kids were involved, I don't like that
- Love: That Batman had to break laws to catch the Joker and realizes that taping phones was the only way, and he did it. Hate: He took the fall for Harvey Dent at the end. Although, that is probably the most heroic thing he could do, but to give Gotham Harvey Dent's reputation is a lie. He is the real Hero and what Gotham really needs.
- Love: The boat stand off, and how the criminals did the right thing, and Batman had faith that they would, which is why he does what he does for the people of Gotham. Hate: That the boat scene, which could have been a real turning point for the movie, was not accentuated enough, and was just kind of swept under the rug.
- Love: That Batman and the Joker do what they do for deep and meaningful motives. Not for money, but because of what they represent. Hate: That Gotham looks like Chicago or New York, and not like Gotham.
- Love: Batman Hate: Having to wait a long time for the next Batman movie
So, now that you know how I feel, Check out Chlesea's latest drawing of the Dark Knight, with the greatest line of the movie: Batman "A silent Gardian, A watchful protector". I love a good superhero. I love things that represent what is possible, if we believe, and hope for a better world.