Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lucky

As far as I can tell, I am not Irish...but I like to find any excuse to celebrate. And we DO celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Last year, my friends from England went all out and made the most amazing Leprechaun traps to catch Leprechauns. Unfortunately those Leprechauns still got away. You can learn more about Leprechaun traps Here I have not done anything that ambitious for St. Patrick's Day, which is why those Leprechauns seem to be so Brazen at our house. Those little guys turn all the liquid in the house green, even the water in the toilet! The milk and orange juice usually ends up green. But that is not the worst of the pranks they pull. They also give green kisses to little sleeping children that turn into stickers by morning. Both of my boys wake up covered with stickers! The Leprechauns also sometimes leave treats or gold coins. And they sometimes make messes, but they always help us to make St. Patrick's Day fun.

We fly kites if the weather is nice, and have rainbow themed dinners...So even though we are not Irish at all, we are so glad there is a place called Ireland, and that these funny little characters give us one more reason to look forward to another fun day! What would life be like without Holidays? I'll take them any time I can.

Check out my favorite website to see all of the really creative and fun ways to celebrate St. Patrick's Day at familyfun.com

7 comments:

Kimmby said...

Thanks for the great ideas!!! I'll have to try some of those traps with my students this year.

Tom & Michelle said...

I think Im just going to call you Martha Stewart from now on :)

Ginni Bingham LeVar said...

Great ideas, hopefully we will have some Leprechauns visit us this year.

Greg & Andrea said...

What a fun way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I remember when a little leprechaun used to visit me and my sisters when we were young. Hmmm....I wonder where she ended up?

The Barbera Brood said...

Rachel-

Just beware...I flew my kite on Sunday and Leprechauns or no Leprechauns...SNAP- my string broke. I have spent the last three days driving all up and down the neighborhood trying to find it. Sean, Amber and I even trudged up and down the gully thinking it had gotten that far away from me.

Happy 'Chaun Day!

HOLLI

Rachel B said...

Michelle, I think the title of Martha Stewart is much more suited for you and your sisters...and your mom, of course!

Amber said...

You are my holiday hero! Hope you don't mind that I totally copy you. Next year I'm going for the green toilet and sticker kisses!