Saturday, February 28, 2009

Best Book

I got this book when Clint was in Kindergarten. It has a checklist at the back that we have been checking off over the years. 101 Things Every Kid Should Do Growing Up. I recommend it to everyone. Childhood just flies by so fast...as everyone always says and knows. This list will help to make sure we make the most of it! The book includes instructions for crafts and science, tips for teaching values, and also provides places to find resources to make a fun and memorable childhood. The author shares my philosophy that the most important aspect of childhood is to have fun and realize the world is a beautiful place full of wonder, and that anything is possible. #101 on the list is "Every kid should have a dream for the future and an adult that believes in the dream."
The list also includes simple things, like "Having your own library card", and "Experiencing the ocean". It includes productive activities like"Do chores around the house without being paid",and "Learn the value of money". A few things all of us have already done, like "Blowing soap bubbles", and "playing dress up". It's just one of my favorite books that I refer to on a regular basis. And it makes me feel like a kid again too. Which really is, I think, the VERY best part of being a Parent.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

Sounds like a great book. Do they have one for Adults?

Rachel B said...

I don't think so, but that is a great idea! Maybe we should write one!

Laura said...

That sounds like a cute book! I will have to check it out.