Sunday, July 1, 2018

Why Thor: Ragnorak is the greatest superhero movie of all time


I know there are more reasons than this, but it seems like a good place to start.  

I love The Dark Knight movies and they meant a lot to me.  They still do.  I also really love the original Iron Man and Tony Stark has always been my favorite Avenger, until now.  I LOVE THOR.  And this is why.

In the beginning of Ragnorak, Thor takes on Surta.  But there is still something different about him right from the start.  He is funny.  He is powerful,  he is strong and brave and good, and the music was written for this movie years ago before there was even a Marvel studio.  Funny how inspiration comes together like that.

Then everything starts to fall apart.  He loses everything.

He loses his father, 

his hammer, 

his hair, 

his freedom, 

his Asgard,

his faith in himself. 

He loses everything.

And then he comes back.  Everything is stripped away, and he comes back.  ANd this time he knows he is and who he was meant to be.  He comes back stronger, braver, more powerful than ever before.  He looks into the darkness and comes back fighting.  He finds the strength and believes in the power that is greater than himself.  Because he IS the God of Thunder...And THAT'S WHAT HEROS DO.


ANd then there is just the look on Loki's face when he comes back and Loki sees him and realized no matter what Thor is never going to stop fighting for what is right...and Loki knows it...incredible.  And who knows where Loki really is now.  I don't even know if he knows.  But that whole relationship is so incredible too.  I love where he and Loki are at the end of this movie where Loki says "I'm here."  And his sacrifice at the beginning of Infinity War.  I hope it sticks even though I kind of really love Loki too.  

No comments: