Thursday, January 31, 2008

Derek has been sick for the past two days with the stomach flu and I am not getting any sleep. Last night he dry heaved until 2 am. I thought he was doing better this morning, but then he threw up all over the chair at 6am after I gave him some sprite. He has been eating popsicles since about 11 am today, so I just gave him some toast. It's 3:30 know. Hopefully he will start to feel better soon.

Clint is working on a big science fair project on microwaves. He is so amazing. Last night I took Derek to the doctors, and I got a pizza on the way home for dinner. Jeff and Clint had already eaten ramen noodles before I got there. Ramen is not very exciting, so when I got home Clint of course wanted some pizza too. Jeff told him he shouldn't have any, because he had just eaten. I told Clint he could have some in the morning, but I felt bad for Clint. So Jeff went downstairs and Clint brushed his teeth and went to bed. I got Derek ready for bed. Then I still felt bad for Clint so I took him a piece of pizza into his room and told him to not tell his dad. Clint just said "No thanks, Mom...I can wait til morning."

So I ended up telling Jeff what a good boy we have, in spite of the bad mommie that I am. Clint has always been so honest and sweet. A few days ago I got a phone call from a neighbor that I don't know very well. She said that Clint was standing here on her porch...and at first I thought "oh know...he's in trouble" (Which actually never happens). But then this neighbor goes on to tell us what an amazing boy we have. Her daughter had lost her ipod the day before, and Clint, on his way home from school, saw something laying in the street in the front of their house. He picked it up and knocked on the door and asked them if they had lost something...They had...and she was calling to let me know how wonderful and honest he was.

He is wonderful. He is a much better person than I am. I'm not sure where he really came from. But I am really grateful to be his mom.

1 comment:

Amber said...

You are a good mom to both your boys. They get their qualities from you (and Jeff- he's a good dad too).
Hope Derek is feeling better- Nathan and my whole fam. had that flu in December and it was awful! I feel for you!!!